1. All puppies are sold only as pet quality, no guarantees as to adult size, temperament, or breeding soundness. Record of vaccinations given prior to sale will be available with the puppy.
2. Buyer must have the puppy checked by a qualified veterinarian within 2 days of receiving the puppy (not including Sundays). During this initial exam, should your vet detect any life threatening health condition, you must contact Chiaspet immediately. In the event your veterinarian diagnoses a life threatening genetic defect at the initial exam, you must return the puppy to Chiaspet within two days of the exam with the veterinarian’s report and diagnosis. The buyer is responsible for returning the puppy, and all papers (Pet Guarantee, Shot record) to Chiaspet. In case of death of the puppy before the initial exam, buyer must submit a veterinarian’s necropsy report as to cause of death and death must be found to be caused entirely due to a covered congenital defect. Failure to have the initial vet check done within two days will void this warranty. Breeder shall NOT reimburse any veterinary expenses or other expenses incurred by the buyer at any time. Breeder’s warranty is limited to a replacement puppy, upon the return to Breeder of the unharmed puppy within 2 days of the veterinarian’s exam.
The following conditions are not covered under this guarantee: Internal or external parasites, hernia, undescended testicles, under or overbite, injury after delivery, allergies, heat exhaustion, coccidia or giardia (which are common puppy ailments under stress) or hypoglycemia. Hypoglycemia is preventable with good care and feeding.
3. If your puppy is diagnosed with a life threatening congenital defect making it unsuitable as a pet before one (1) year from date of birth, it will be replaced with another puppy. You must supply us within 2 days of the diagnosis with a copy of your veterinarian’s written report. We reserve the right to have the diagnosis verified by another veterinarian of our choice and/or to require the buyer to have specific tests run on the Puppy to verify the diagnosis before its exchange for another puppy. When the puppy is replaced it will be replaced with one of equal value as soon as available, after the Puppy and all papers have been returned to breeder. Buyer is responsible for all transportation costs for the Puppy. The Puppy must not be euthanized without prior written approval from the breeder or this guarantee is void. Because luxating patellas and collapsing trachea can be caused by injury, these conditions are not covered. Buyer understands that replacing the puppy under this guarantee is only available when health problems are life threatening and are attributed solely to a hereditary problem and are not due to accident or injury. In case of death, a necropsy will be required to determine if death is due to a genetic problem in order to have the puppy replaced. No refund of the purchase price will be given for any reason.
4. Failure to follow the veterinarian’s recommended medical advice and/or treatment will void this warranty.
5. If shipping has been approved by breeder, arrangements will be made between breeder and buyer. Puppy becomes the sole responsibility and property of the buyer once the breeder delivers the puppy to transport personnel.
6. This guarantee applies only to the original owner of the puppy.
Taking ownership of your new puppy is acceptance of this agreement.
The Truth About Teacups!